Do you need to expand your business brand and venture into new markets? What are the qualities to look for in a digital marketing agency? How does digital marketing help to promote your brand? Digital marketing is the future of marketing.
What is digital marketing?
Digital marketing is the advertisement delivered through digital channels or electronic devices. These channels include email, phone applications, social media, web applications, search engines, and websites. The digital marketing agency should be:
The differences between traditional and digital marketing.
- There is an interaction between clients and marketers in digital marketing while there is no interaction in the traditional form.
- The results are measurable in digital marketing while that is not the case in traditional marketing.
- The advertisement campaigns take less time in digital marketing compared to traditional ones.
- Digital marketing is reasonably cheap and fast while traditional marketing is very expensive and time-consuming.
- Digital marketing can go viral while this isn’t the case for traditional marketing.
- The conversation is one way for traditional marketing while for digital marketing, the conversation is two ways.
- There is a wider reach to the consumer in digital marketing due to more customer technology unlike in traditional settings where the market reach is limited.
Pillars of digital marketing.
- Online marketing.
Marketing here is conducted on the internet. You have to be continuously linked to the internet for it to work.
To drive more traffic to your page, you purchase ad space in paid search platforms.
b. Search engine optimization (SEO).
The content is optimized to create a higher ranking on the search engine result page hence driving more traffic to your website.
c. Content marketing.
Content is created and distributed across online channels. The content should be educational rather than promotional.
Traffic and attention are gained through social media platforms like Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
e. Pay-per-click advertising.
Marketers pay every time someone clicks on their ads.
f. Affiliate marketing.
Traffic and sales are generated through referrals. It’s a great way to make money with a blog or a niche website.
g. Email marketing.
Email is used to deliver a marketing message to the audience. An agency helps you create awareness of your latest offers and products to your customers by integrating email automation.
Types of marketing emails:
- Information emails.
- Transactional emails.
- Product update.
- Digital newsletter.
- Offline marketing.
An electronic device is used but the connection to the internet is not necessary. They are categorized into:
a. Enhanced offline marketing.
This form of marketing is done offline but enhanced with electronic devices. They include:
- Electronic billboards.
- Digital product sample.
- Digital product demos.
b. TV marketing.
Television is used to showcase your brand. The efficiency of TV ads has significantly gone down since google video turned into YouTube. They consist of:
- TV commercials.
- Super Bowl commercials.
c. Radio marketing.
Advertisement is done at the beginning or end of a show on the radio. It could be fairly easy to book a show and conduct an interview. Being entertaining on the radio means selling your brand. It comprises of:
- Radio commercials.
- Show sponsorship.
d. Phone marketing.
The use of smartphones to access the internet has become more popular than desktop PC or laptops. They include:
- Making a QR code.
- Cold calling.
- Text message marketing, e.g., giveaways, loyalty programs, coupons, etc.
Benefits of digital marketing.
a. Creates room for instant feedback.
The customers can make their complaints or ask you to change something through the Internet. The feedback will get back to you immediately and very fast regardless of your location. Forums, blog comments, social media, online surveys, and emails can be used for reviews. This gives you a chance to improve your business. Looking at the progress, you may have to modify your techniques. For example, if you are using Instagram to establish your online business, it may be very convenient to see how your customer has responded towards your service. If you find it very difficult to grow your online presence, you may wish to find out more about Instagram growth services.
An internet connection is the only thing you need to establish a global brand, right at the convenience of your home or office. It is easy to create a one-on-one interaction with your audience hence a more loyal relationship between your brand and the clients.
c. The target is precise.
Everything a customer does online is likely to leave a trail. This may come in handy in your marketing campaigns. This data enables you to refine the marketing strategies and messages hence increasing your sales.
d. Faster implementation.
Digital channels are easier and faster to implement. You can create as many campaigns as you wish and with little effort. Being affordable, you can experiment to know which campaign gives the best results.
e. Range of influence.
Your business stands a chance to connect with an audience all around the world. This grows your customer base and increases the potential revenue for your business.
Functions of a digital marketing agency.
- They drive more leads.
- Enables you to connect with your customers.
- They increase your reach globally.
- They help you to engage with the target audience.
- They improve your website experience.
Branding in digital marketing.
Branding defines your product, customers, and platform. It helps you to create a name for your product and grab the audience’s attention. Digital marketing provides leads, but to maintain and attract loyal customers, you need a strong branding strategy.
Importance of strong branding.
- It converts new buyers into loyal clients.
- It helps you to win the confidence of your customers making them come to you over and over again.
- It helps your brand to be recognized and enhances credibility.
- It gives you a competitive edge in the market.
- It makes it easy to introduce new products in the market due to loyal customers.
- It increases the value of your company.
- It gives direction and motivation to your employees.
Basic branding rules.
- You should know your customer.
- Need to know your brand.
- It is important to know your brand barriers.
- Emphasizing the packaging.
- Emphasizing the identity of your brand.
In digital marketing, an internet-based device is used to enable the marketer to directly connect with prospects, consumers, and employees. Digital marketing consists of both online and offline platforms used for product advertisement. Branding is important as it increases the confidence the clients have towards your product. Being measurable, it is possible to know the strategies that produce profitable results. Digital marketing has more advantages compared to traditional marketing and hence encouraged.